CBT through Silver Cloud
Online Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
What is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is a type of therapy that focuses on how your thoughts, beliefs and attitudes affect your feelings and behaviour and teaches you coping skills for dealing with different problems.
"Sometimes it can be difficult to discuss what is affecting you with a counsellor face to face and many of us prefer alternative forms of counselling. Some of us don't have the time to or are unable to travel to appointments."
So Silver Cloud is an online CBT programme that provides an anonymous, safe and secure alternative to help people manage a range of difficult life issues.
About Silver Cloud
Silver Cloud (CBT) is a series of online, interactive modules that can be worked through at any time and in any order. They are designed to help you understand, address and manage the way you think and feel. There is the opportunity to add comments and notes as you work through at your own pace.
Your Silvercloud journey
1. Silver Cloud can be accessed through Racing's Support Line by calling 0800 6300 443 or by contacting us online.
2. When you speak to an advisor they will ask you some questions to decide which type of support is best for you.
3. If they refer you for Silver Cloud CBT that advisor will then become your personal supporter. It is up to you how much of your progress you share with your supporter. If you allow it, they can log in to see your comments and provide you with encouragement and support along the way.
4. Alternatively you can complete the modules at your own pace, in your own time without additional support.
5. During each module you can download and keep anything that may be useful to you in the long term such as relaxation techniques and you will be able to log in and review your progress at any point, even after you have completed the full programme.
6. Finally there is a social element that allows you to anonymously comment and share tips and ideas within a supportive online community should you choose to do so.
If you're working in or retired from the racing & breeding industry and think this type of counselling will suit you then call Racing's Support Line on:
0800 6300 443 and ask to be referred for Silver Cloud.
Silver Cloud is available free of charge to anyone working or retired form the racing & breeding industry. All enquiries are treated in the strictest of confidence.